I sometime make this for lunch for a nice change.
CrustLess Spinach Quiche
Recipe type: Brunch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Add to spinach mixture and stir to blend.
- Pour into prepared pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until eggs have set and the top is slightly browned.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. If you like, top with additional grated Parmesan cheese.