These are my families favorite kind of mashed potatoes especially my husbands’
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 medium baking potatoes peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon (or more) milk, at room temperature or warmed
- Pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, cook the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the saucepan.
- Add the butter, sour cream, garlic, salt, and pepper
- Mash the potatoes until ingredients are blended.
- Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until potatoes are the desired consistency.