I was looking for a healthier muffin recipe to use up some ripe bananas. This recipe is perfect. It has a lot of flavor without all the sugar.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a mixing bowl add peanut butter and bananas, beat until combined.
- Add egg, dark brown sugar, vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Combine flour, oatmeal, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add to peanut butter banana mixture alternating with milk. Beat until combined.
- Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until done.
I sometimes add mini chocolate chips.