This filling can be used for cakes or even cupcakes.
- 2 cups strawberries can be frozen, stems removed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Add the strawberries, water, and vanilla in a pot.
- Cook over medium to high heat for about 10 minutes or until strawberries are soft.
- Sift together the sugar and cornstarch and then stir into the strawberry mixture.
- Cook until the mixture is thick and the strawberries have broken down about 3 minutes.
- Let cool completely and use for cake or cupcake filling.