Birthdays are big a celebration in my family. The kids get two birthday parties. One with just the four of us and one with the whole family. They get to chose one dessert and one cake for their party. My daughter chose these for just the four of us. They were a big hit and she had a lot of fun helping me make them.
Strawberry Filled Cupcakes
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Some strawberry jam/jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add vanilla
- Add half on flour mixture, beating at low speed until almost combined.
- Add sour cream all at once and blend thoroughly.
- Add remaining flour mixture and and continue beating until all ingredients are blended.
- Spoon 1rounded tablespoon of batter in muffin cup.
- Place 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam/jelly on top of batter.
- Spoon enough batter on top to cover the jam. (about 1 rounded tablespoon)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Cook on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Then remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
- Frost with White Chocolate Frosting.