These muffins are yummy and healthy too!
Super Moist and Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cull all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup apple sauce ( no sugar added or unsweetened)
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, finely shredded
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, Chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda,cinnamon, ginger, and salt, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the brown sugar and oil.
- Beat in yogurt and applesauce until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- With a spatula, manually stir in the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in carrots, coconut, and raisins.
- Pour into prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake for 20 - 23 minutes or until done.