My son requested this for his birthday. It is one of his many favorite meals.
Easy Meat Lasagna
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sweet sausage, casing removed
- 2 jars (26 ounce each) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 containers (15 ounce each) ricotta cheese
- 1 package ( 8 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese ( 2 cups), divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown ground beef and sausage in a large skillet on medium heat.
- When cooked, drain and return meat mixture to skillet.
- Stir into meat mixture, 4 cups of spaghetti sauce.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce onto the bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Top with 3 noodles.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Repeat meat sauce, noodles and cheese layer once.
- Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce, making sure to cover noodles with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with reserved spaghetti sauce.