My sister-in-law makes these for my kids. The kids love them. You just pop them in the oven and can truly forget about them.
Forgotten Cookies II
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold in the vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Add peanuts if desired.
- Spoon onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Place the cookies into the preheated oven.
- Shut the door and turn off the oven immediately.
- Let cookies sit in the turned off oven for 5 to 6 hours or overnight.