This is my mother-in-laws recipe. If you are like me, and love anything peanut butter you are going to love these. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup chunky style peanut butter ( I use creamy)
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Peanut Butter Frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cream peanut butter and shortening.
- Gradually add brown sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition.
- Fill muffin pans half full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
For frosting recipe see: