It a nice treat when we have Asparagus for dinner. This recipe is simple and delicious.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut off the woody bottom part of the asparagus spears and discard.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel off the skin on the bottom 2-3 inches of the spears (this keeps the asparagus from being all stringy).
- Place asparagus on a fol-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- With you hands, roll the asparagus around until they are evenly coated with oil and salt.
- Roast 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness and how tender you like them.
- They should be tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Can serve with a light vinaigrette if desired.