This is one of my daughters favorite breads. It goes pretty quickly.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, mix in the milk and cinnamon.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.