This easy rice pilaf goes great with chicken. It is one of my families favorite side dish.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1-1/2 cups long grain or converted white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in olive oil until soft and lightly golden.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer on low heat for twenty minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for 3-5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve immediately.