This recipe makes the perfect sugar cookie. It is perfect for making Christmas cookies.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter ( no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar, butter, vanilla and salt.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2-2/12 in cookie cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Decorate if desired.