If you like coconut, you are going to love these cookies. I make them once a year at Christmas time. They are a little time consuming, but worth it.
Coconut Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle
Recipe type: Dessert
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 - 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes (leave ¾ cup aside for later)
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in a bowl, until blened.
- Add egg yolk, orange juice and almond extract.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt and gradually add to butter mixture.
- Stir in 3 cups coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in remaining ¾ cup cocount.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes (check after 10).
- Cool for about a minute before taking them off the cookie sheet.
- Once done, take some melting chocolate and drizzle on top.