These muffins are tasty and low fat. You can even serve them for dessert or a snack.
Chocolate Banana Fudge Muffins-Low Fat
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ⅔ cups sugar ( I reduced to ½ cup)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used ½ cup mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with fork. (I put in kitchen aid and mash that way)
- Stir in sugar, egg and applesauce.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Lightly mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffins cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Allow muffins to cool for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.