The flavor of the dish will vary depending on what type of chicken sausage you choose. We like sweet apple sausage in this recipe.
Chicken Saugage with Potatoes and Sauerkraut
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- 12 ounces (4 links) cooked chicken sausage , halved lengthwise and cut into 2-3 inch pieces.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, halved and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- Ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown.
- Add potatoes, sauerkraut, wine, and pepper, bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. About 10 - 15 minutes.
I sometimes add sliced carrots to the recipe.