This is nice way to use up eggplant from your garden. The stuffing and cheese combination are great, especially on a cold winter day.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package cornbread stuffing
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Peel and cube eggplant.
- Chop onion.
- Cook eggplant and onion in boiling water until tender, drain.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef, once full cooked drain.
- Prepare cornbread stuffing according to directions.
- Combine all ingredients add salt and pepper and pour into prepared casserole dish,and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.