A nice change from traditional lasagna. My husband actually likes it better than the traditional kind.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 large eggplants, peeled and sliced lengthwise ¾ inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Arrange slice eggplant in a single layer on 2 sheet pans coated with oil or spray.
- Brush on both sides using 3 tablespoons of oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Roast the eggplant until it is soft and golden. Turn slices halfway through, about 25 minutes.
- Combine the ricotta, eggs ½ cup Parmesan, oregano, 1teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix well
- Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with spray.
- Spread half of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Lay 6 slices on top followed by the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering and finish with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and the remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10-15 and serve.
I only roasted the eggplant for about 8 minutes each side. Time varies depending on your oven.