This is a simple and delicious meal.
Cheesy Rigatoni with Eggplant Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta or your choice 7ounce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped 1/2 cup
- 1 small peeled eggplant cut into 1/2 inch cubes (3 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4 inch slice (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 can 14-5 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 80z tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella chesse
- Heat oven to 350°
- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and grain pasta as directed (use minimum cook time)
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion, eggplant and zucchini for 5 to 7 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Spoon cooked pasta into baking dish.
- Spoon/Pour vegetable sauce over pasta.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I would add another can of tomato sauce. There was not enough sauce on the pasta. The recipe can also be doubled. Put this together the night before. Then, bake it the next night for dinner. Since it will be cold, bake it about 10 minutes longer before topping with cheese.