If you like coconut and banana this is a winner.
Coconut Brown Sugar Banana Bread
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 stick softened butter
- ½ cup white sugar (I used ¼ cup)
- ½ cup brown sugar ( I used ¼ cup)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add mashed bananas (I just toss in large chunks and the mixer will mash them)
- Add eggs, coconut, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry mixture slowly to wet batter (don't over mix)
- Pour batter into a greased bread pan.
- Sprinkle top with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 tablespoon coconut.
- Bake for about an hour or until done.