This pie is just what it says SIMPLE. My husband said this was the best peach pie ever!
Simple Peach Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓-1/2 cup all purpose flour
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Peel and slice peaches.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Cover edges to prevent over browning for the first 15 to 20 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 or until crust is brown and juice begin to bubble through the slits in the crust.
- Pie may be frozen for future use.