Delicious and hard to eat just one!
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1-cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. The batter will be very dry.
- Fold in zucchini by hand. Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir again.
- The batter should appear more wet. (if not, let it rest for 5 more minutes and stir again)
- Spread brownie mixture into the pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Brownies are done when an inserted toothpick is removed with crumbs.
- There should not be wet batter on the toothpick.
- To make frosting:
- Mix together, 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, ¼ cup softened butter, 2 cups confectioner sugar, ¼ cup milk, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract until nice and creamy.
- Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares