Easy and Delicious.
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 fresh plums (quartered and pitted) about 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking ppwder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, combine ¾ cup sugar, plums, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Place fruit in a greased 2quart casserole
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the butter in with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the milk and egg until just moistened.
- Drop batter on fruit.
- Bake for 35 minutes.