My mother-in-law made this as a side for my birthday dinner. It was fantastic!
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir before serving.