You have to love a meal in a pie!
Zucchini Hamburger Pie
- Pastry for a double crust pie 9 inches
- 4 medium zucchini cut into 1/4 in slices or shredded about 4 1/2 cups
- 1/2 pound ground beef I used 1pound
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs dried minced onion
- 1 tsp each salt oregano and parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with bottom pastry
- Trim even with edge of plate
- Arrange half of the zucchini in pastry shell; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and green peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink drain.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, salt, oregano, parsley, and garlic salt.
- Spoon half over the zucchini; repeat layers.
- Arrange tomatoes over top.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling cut slits in top of pastry.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.